Past Tense Exercises
1. I ___________ about a yellow unicorn last night.
a.dreamed b.slept c.think
2. Anna ___________ to class yesterday because she was at the hospital.
a. didn't arrive b.didn't take c.didn't come
3. It was snowing last night. It ___________ so cold!
a.touched b.felt c.happened
4. Lucy ___________ her mother's watch, so she bought a new one.
a.broke b.crashed c.forgot
5. We ___________ at the library for three hours yesterday.
a.learnt b.studied c.reviewed
6. I ___________ an e-mail to the company but they never answered.
a.published b.read c.sent
7. The two cousins ___________ at the airport for the first time.
a.met b.welcomed c.saw
8. The dog ___________ in the middle of the kitchen floor, looking at the door.
a.put b.ran c.stood
9. Mozart ___________ more than 600 pieces of music.
a.writes b.wrote c.writed
10. We _______ David in town a few days ago.
a.did see b.saw c.was saw
11. It was cold, so I _____________ the window.
a.shut b.was shut c.shutted
12. I ___________ to the cinema three times last week.
a.was go b. did go c. went
13. What __________ you _________ last weekend?
a.were / do b.did / did c.did / do
14. The police ___________ me on my way home last night.
a.was stop b.stopped c.stops
15. The film wasn't very good. I _____________ it very much.
a.enjoyed b.wasn't enjoy c.didn't enjoy
16. The bed was very uncomfortable. I ____________ sleep very well.
a.didn't b.did c.wasn't
17. The window was open and a bird ___________ into the room.
a.fly b.flew c.did fly
18. I __________ a lot of money yesterday. I __________ an expensive dress.
a.spend / buy b.spent / buy c.spent / bought
19. He __ soccer yesterday.
a.did play b.plaid c.played
20. I __ 50m last week.
a.swam b.swum c.swimmed
21. She __ too much chocolate.
a.eated b.ated c.ate
22. Who __ the match?
a.wan b.wun c.won
23. I __ here last year as well.
a.came b.comed c.come
24. John __ to New York last month.
a.goed b. went c. going
25. I ___ to Tom last night.
a.writed b.wroted c.wrote
26. Mary __ TV all day!
a.watched b.watch c.watching
27. He __ very fast in the race this morning.
a.ran b.run c.runs
28. She __ the newspaper on the train.
a.read b.readed c.red
29.What film ... you ... last night?
a.did, saw b.did, see c.-, saw
30. I ... TV yesterday.
a.watched b.watched c.watch
1. I dreamed about a yellow unicorn last night.
2. Anna didn't arrive to class yesterday because she was at the hospital.
3. It was snowing last night. It felt so cold!
4. Lucy broke her mother's watch, so she bought a new one.
5. We studied at the library for three hours yesterday.
6. I read an e-mail to the company but they never answered.
7. The two cousins met at the airport for the first time.
8. The dog stood in the middle of the kitchen floor, looking at the door.
9. Mozart wrote more than 600 pieces of music.
10. We saw David in town a few days ago.
11. It was cold, so I shut the window.
12. I went to the cinema three times last week.
13. What did you do last weekend?
14. The police stopped me on my way home last night.
15. The film wasn't very good. I .didn't enjoy it very much.
16. The bed was very uncomfortable. I didn't sleep very well.
17. The window was open and a bird fly into the room.
18. I spent a lot of money yesterday. I buy an expensive dress.
19. He played soccer yesterday.
20. I swam 50m last week.
21. She ated too much chocolate.
22. Who won the match?
23. I came here last year as well.
24. John went to New York last month.
25. I wrote to Tom last night.
26. Mary watched TV all day!
27. He ran very fast in the race this morning.
28. She read the newspaper on the train.
29.What film did you see last night?
30. I watched TV yesterday.
Septian Tri Jayanti (120221414996) Beethoven?s composition did not come easily. It is hard to make him satisfied with his work. When he was 28, he gradually became deaf and got stress. However, he could gain his bravely and started to compose again....
- Summary Of ?the Deaf Musician?
Step 1. 50 WordsBeethoven is a great musician that was going to deaf when he was 28. He was in despair, so he went to Heiligenstadt. He stuck for a while but he went on writing music. Even when he went completely deaf, his music became more glorious...
- Simple Sentences Fill-ups With Has, Have And Had
Use Has, Have, Had 1. My grandmother ..... a fruit basket. 2. ..... you any good book to read? 3. My father ..... this car. 4. ..... children not any stickers to paste yesterday? 5. Ramu ..... a new pen. 6. ..... shopkeeper not this type of...
- Simple Sentences Fill-ups With Was And Were
Use of Was, Were 1. That king ......... cruel. 2. My friends ..... not timid. 3. ...... bird very small? 4. Her almirah ..... very clean. 5. Sparrows ..... hungry. 6. ..... her friends with her? 7. Those days I ..... very tensed. 8. ..... her class...
- Learning Nouns In English
A noun is the name of a person, place, thing or quality. Nouns are divided into five parts: 1. Proper Nouns 2. Common Nouns ...