VOA News - Special English
oice of America is an excellent web page that offers very valuable material for learning American English and much more besides. If with "BBC Learning English" we can practice British English, with "VOA Special English" we can listen to very interesting podcasts spoken with an American accent.
From my experience, I would say that the American accent is much easier that the British, the Irish or the Australian one. That?s why it?s a good idea to listen to different accents, including American ones, to help improve our aural skills.Why is this resource so attractive?
What else can we find?
- The podcasts (and complete transcripts associated) have a main vocabulary of about 1500 words, resulting in language that is easier to understand.
- The editors use short and simple sentences that contain one main idea. They use active voice and no idioms.
- The podcasts are read at a slower pace. In this way each word is pronounced more clearly and is easier to understand.
What else can I tell you? I hope that you find this resource as attractive as I do.
- Podcasts with complete transcripts sorted by a topic or a program. The podcasts can be downloaded, or listen online.
- Dictionary containing the 1500 words most frequently used.
- Games and videos.
Visit VOA News - Special English
- 10 Minutes English - Podcasts
Do you have enough time during the day to make the things that you like? Would you like to learn English but don?t know where to get the time? Your problem is very typical; lack of time is experienced by many. You know, time is money, but in my opinion...
- Idiotvox - Podcast Directory
Are you interested in podcasts about African music, the environment or wine? Don?t know where to find them? What if you were to look into a podcast directory? Today we want to introduce you to a podcast directory that offers thousands of podcasts and...
- Podictionary - Podcasts About The Origin And History Of Words
Tired of listening to the same old podcasts? What if the podcasts were about the origin and history of English words? That is what Podictionary offers: a very valuable Web page in blog format for word lovers. In Podictionary you?ll find a new podcast...
- Learn English Reading News - Cnn Student News
Does ?CNN? sound familiar? ? ?Cabel News Network?, better known as CNN, is a television channel from the US founded in 1980. At present, CNN is the most viewed news channel in the United States. And what has this got to do with learning English? Well,...
- Find Great Podcasts On Esl Podcast
Are you looking for podcasts? We are pleased to present a web page with thousands of them in English, organised into different categories: Dalily Life, English Café, Transportation, Health/Medicine, Business, Relationships, Travel and Entertainment....