Tips for Kids and Their Parents for Studying English
Parents who want to improve their kids abilty in mastering English, these are some useful tips :
First, guide your children to access interactive sites, so that they can communicate with people who have the same interest.
Second, make a schedule for them to do their homework, projects and help them when neccessary.
Third, play English songs that they can catch the lyrics
Fourth, Use computer for playing educational games
Fifth, choose an appropriate program on TV/CD/DVD to the age and level. Cartoons and animation films are something worth to be applied.W
Sixth, Encourage them to read stories for you
Seventh, let your child tell you what they have learned in the school. Ask them to mention pictures in the book they are learning.
Eight, name any objects in the house with their english names. This will make the language becomes real in their mind.
Ninth, ask your children to write new words more than five times each, then let them spell and read it.
Tenth, Help your child to make 'personal dictionary. In a notebook, write a letter of the alphabet at the top of each page. Begins with A and ends with Z. Children can register new words learned in school to the appropriate page. Can draw pictures to illustrate the meaning, and to put into or used in a sentence. This can be a great way to review.
Eleventh, If the parents can not speak English make a conversation when possible
To be realistic about what you can for your child
* for all students to have knowledge of the positive and negative. This means that students can understand and appreciate more than I can say or write.
* focus on what children know they do not have forgotten. The allocation of students in many cases, new words. Lilly may remember the "puppet", "jump rope" while Tom remembers the words such as "Dinosaur" or "robot".
* When children get their mother tongue, and they understand the words before they are able to read and write. This is also true when learning a foreign language.
* Foreign language learners often go through a 'silent phase' when you start to learn the language. This is normal. That they are listening and note the language. When you are ready, and will speak.
* learners need to meet several times a language over a period of time before the 'know' it. We do not expect your child to 'know' everything after the first lesson. The teacher will review the words in the next lesson to help students to remember.
* Studies show that learners who have normal exposure to language before puberty are more likely to be the best language skills (including pronunciation) by the time they are adults.
* make mistakes is a natural part of the learning process.
Most important of all: remember that children are sponges! Do not expect them to absorb all that has been taught in school. Also, do not be too hard on your kid. Parents must make learning English and fun as possible.
- How To Improve Pronunciation
Mostly in our school or in speaking classes there is always emphasis on grammar instead of spoken English,Whenever we try to learn a language each step of it seems hard and understandable to us ,especially a non native speakers feel himself uncomfortable...
- Is It Important For Children To Study English ?
MAHARANI KHANSA - 120221414982[Final Assignment] We believe that children learn English by using it in their daily activities especially in schools. Children will spend a lot of time to practice their ability through...
- Child Language Development
MAHARANI KHANSA - 120221414982 [ Order of Time ] Language is an amazing skill for children to master and its development that many parents really look forward to. Language development helps child?s ability to...
- Children Language Development
Language is one of the most important things in life. Everyone has learned the language since they were babies. Children language development occurs in several stages. The role of parents...
- 7 Steps Toto Speak English Fluently
To speak English fluently, you should know as many vocabulary as possible. Every English students knows this, but the problem is that they don't use the right method to learn more vocabulary, most students take a dictionary and start to memorize...